The All Wales Concessionary Fare Scheme, funded by the Welsh Government and Local Authorities, entitles people over 60 and people with certain disabilities who are resident in Wales to travel free on local bus services throughout Wales.
You are entitled to a free concessionary travel pass if you are a permanent Conwy resident AND if you are:
- Aged 60 or over
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Registered profoundly or severely deaf
- Without speech
- Without arms or have long term loss of the use of both arms
- Disabled or have suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long term adverse impact on your ability to walk
- In receipt of Disability Living Allowance (with HIGHER rate mobility content)
- In receipt of a war pensioner's mobility supplement
- Learning disabled, that is, with a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind that includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning
- Unable to be granted, if an application was made, a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, pursuant to section 92 of the Act, (physical fitness) otherwise than on the ground of persist misuse of drugs or alcohol i.e. had a driving licence refused on medical grounds.
Can I have a bus pass application form?
Contact us on 01492 575337 or download the PDF version below.
Printed forms are available at your local library and also at The Mochdre Offices and the Council's administrative centres at Bodlondeb, Conwy and Civic Centre, Colwyn Bay.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Environment, Roads and Facilities
Senior Citizen Railcards
Senior Citizen Railcards are available to anyone over the age of 60. They entitle the railcard holder to a third off most rail fares throughout Britain, although there may be some time restrictions.
Senior Citizen Railcards are sold to Conwy residents on behalf of the public transport section by Conwy Libraries at a cost of £27.50 each. In order to purchase a railcard from the library you will need to be a Conwy resident aged 60 or over and provide proof of age with the application form.
Senior Citizen Railcards can also be bought from most railway stations at a cost of £28.