The collection consists of records, of any date, considered to be of permanent cultural and historical significance to the geographical area covered by Conwy County Borough.
These records include the administrative records of Conwy County Borough Council, as well as its predecessor authorities. In addition we hold private collections of local organisations, businesses and individuals.
These records come in a variety of formats including volumes, letters, photographs, digital, analogue, maps and plans.
Our collection catalogues are now being made available online.
PLEASE NOTE: Currently only a selection of our collections are searchable. These will be regularly added to and eventually all our catalogues will be available to search.
You can find our Collections Management Policy below.
Local Government records
Aberconwy Borough Council (1974 - 1996)
Colwyn Borough Council (1894 - 1996)
Conwy County Borough Council and the Shadow Authority of Aberconwy-Colwyn (1995 + )
Urban & Rural District Councils:
- Abergele (1891 - 1974)
- Aled (1949 - 1974)
- Betws-y-Coed (1895 - 1974)
- Conwy Borough (1604 - 1974)
- Hiraethog (1933 - 1974)
- Llandudno (1848 - 1983, includes records of the Improvement Commissioners)
- Llanfairfechan (1872 - 1974)
- Llanrwst (1867 - 1974)
- Nantconway (1873 - 1974)
- Penmaenmawr (1844 - 1974)
Parish & Community Councils:
- Betws y Coed (1974-1994)
- Caerhun (1813-1965)
- Capel Curig (1904-1979)
- Conwy (1331-1975)
- Dolgarrog (1899-1944)
- Dolwyddelan (1894-1954)
- Llanbedr y Cennin (1798-1984)
- Llanddoged and Maenan (1954-2002)
- Llanrhychwyn (1928-1983)
- Llansantffraid Glan Conway (1838-1927)
- Maenan (1942-1983)
- Penmachno (1894-1978)
- Pentrefoelas (1894-2005)
- Trefriw (1895-1962)
- Ysbyty Ifan (1792-1858,1883)
- Abergele (1974 - 2007)
- Conwy (1998 - 2003)
- Llandudno (1974 - 1991)
- Llanrwst (1988 - 1995)
- Penmaenmawr (1974 - 2002)
- Trefriw and Llanrhychwyn (1878 - 1928)
- Board of Guardians of the Conway Poor Law Union
- Court of Petty Sessions and Llandudno Magistrates Court
- Electoral Registers (1921-2010, with gaps)
- School Records
- For former Denbighshire schools it is recommended to contact Denbighshire RO also.
- Parish and Non-Parochial Records
- Photograph and Print Collections Maps and Plans
- Business and Industry Collections
- Societies and Organisations
- Private Individuals
- Local Newspapers