Essential maintenance work from 6pm on 7/12/17 will affect our internet services, including websites and e-mail.
How is your Council Tax spent?
You'll be surprised what you get for your Council Tax. Most people use a service funded by us every day of their lives. This is a snap shot of the various services and the level of demand the council has to meet in a year. In a year we:
What you get for your money?
- Recycle and compost 38,000 tonnes of material from kerbside collections, bring sites and recycling centres.
- Maintain 876 hectares of parks, woodland and open spaces.
- Maintain over 16,400 street lamps and clean 2,500 streets.
- Maintain over 1,700km of road.
- Have over 980,000 unique visitors to the Council Website.
- Look after around 250 children through our Social Services department.
- Help around 2,000 households onto benefits.
- Teach over 16,000 children in 61 schools.
- Hosts around 1,000 conferences and events and stages over 300 performances at Venue Cymru together attracting over 310,000 visitors.
- Have over 905,000 visitors our 10 leisure centres and swimming pools.
Last year we invested in capital projects including the following:
- Vibrant & Viable Places Regeneration Projects & Townscape Heritage Scheme
- Primary School Modernisation Project
- Colwyn Bay Regeneration & Waterfront Project & Coastal Railings Replacement
- Streetlighting Poles Replacement
- Public Convenience Upgrades
- Conwy Bridge Refurbishment
- Surface Dressing & Improvement of the County Road Network
- Restoration of Coastal Defences, Flood Alleviation & Risk Management
- Delivery of Adaptations in Private Sector Housing
- Major Events Programme Delivery
- Development of Parc Eirias
- Office Accommodation & Modernisation Project
In this section
Drag side panels here (optional)