- Employing a young person under school leaving age without a Work Permit is illegal.
- Employing a young person under the age of 13 is illegal.
- It is the Employers responsibility to apply for a Work Permit.
- A completed application form must be submitted to the Local Authority within one week of the young person commencing work.
- A Risk Assessment must be undertaken with young people before they commence work.
- 2 x passport photographs (of child).
Child Employment Officer: Mrs Sian Pineau
For an Application Form, please see below, or contact Mrs Sian Pineau on 01492 575036 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Work Permit Application Form
A guide for Employers
Information for Parents of Children in Part-Time Jobs
Child Employment - if you are a school pupil please read this leaflet