The pilot areas, which will start in September 2018 will be offered in the following wards:
- Abergele Cluster: Kinmel Bay, Towyn, Pensarn, Belgrano, Pentremawr, Gele and Llanddulas.
- Rural Cluster: Trefriw, Betws y Coed, Gower (Llanrwst), Crwst (Llanrwst), Caerhun (Dolgarrog), Eglwysbach, Uwch Conwy (Penmachno, Capel Garmon, Ysbyty Ifan).
- Tudno Cluster: Tudno, Mostyn, Gogarth.
- Wider Rural Cluster: Llangernyw, Pentrefoelas, Llansannan, Betws yn Rhos, Llanfair Talhaiarn, Uwchaled.
What is the offer?
- Eligible children could be entitled to up to 20 free hours of government funded childcare during term time in addition to the 10 hours already provided by the Foundation Phase every week. Please note some schools in Conwy may offer more than 10 hours Foundation Phase these additional hours will form part of the 30 hours offer.
- During 9 weeks of school holidays, parents will be able to access up to 30 hours of funded childcare
- Eligible children will be able to access the offer from the beginning of term following their third birthday until the September following their fourth birthday when they begin full time education
- Parents are able to choose any registered childcare setting that suits their personal and family circumstance, whether inside or outside of county, in agreement with the provider and the local authority. The childcare does not have to be delivered by the same provider as the Foundation Phase provision.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for free childcare you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Your child is aged 3 or 4 years
- You work and earn the equivalent of at least 16 hours at national living wage or national minimum wage; or are in receipt of specific caring benefits
- You live in the pilot area within Conwy County Borough
To check if you live in a pilot area please use the postcode eligibility checker below (in upper case):
How to apply?
Applications are open for eligible children with a date of birth 01/09/2014 – 31/08/2015
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, please download and complete the application form:
If you require a paper copy of the application form, please contact Conwy Early Years Education and Childcare Team on 01492 577850 who will arrange for one to be posted to you.
You can either return the application form via email to email@example.com, or if you prefer you can print and post it to the Gwynedd and Anglesey Childcare Unit who are processing applications on behalf of Conwy Early Years Education and Childcare Team at the address below:
Gwynedd & Anglesey Childcare Unit
- You will be informed of the outcome of your application by email within 10 working days of receipt of the application.
- Your eligibility for funded childcare will begin after you receive your confirmation letter.
The Welsh Government are only piloting the government-funded childcare offer in limited areas within Conwy County Borough.
Parents are responsible for finding childcare to meet their requirements, however Conwy Family Information Service can provide details of childcare which is available in your area, please contact:
Information for Childcare Providers
Childcare providers will need to register with Conwy Early Years Education and Childcare Team to deliver the 30 hour offer to receive Welsh Government funding. To register your interest, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.