|To be rearranged
||6:00pm - 8pm
Glasdir Business and Conference Centre, Plas yn Dre, Llanrwst, LL26 0DF
||All Chairs of Governing Bodies
Vice-Chairs and other Governors who may potentially become Chairs.
*The finish times are approximate. Any unsustainable course, due to low numbers, will be cancelled.
The role of the chair is extremely varied, and includes making sure that the governing body’s affairs are conducted in accordance with the law, Welsh Government Regulations and Guidance; that meetings are run effectively, and that the governing body works as an effective team. This session will be focussed on the current national, regional and local issues that all Chairs will need to be aware of.
Included in the session will be those training areas required for newly appointed Chairs to receive in their role, namely:
- The key roles and responsibilities of governing bodies
- The role and skills of the Chair
- Key relationships
- How to be an effective Chair
- Other statutory duties of the Chair
- Governing body self-evaluation
- What constitutes a ‘high-performing team’
- Governing body skills audit and matrices
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Chairs will have greater understanding of their role
- Greater awareness of current statutory requirements and national priorities