|To be rearranged
||6.00pm - 7.30pm
||Education Centre, Ysgol Aberconwy, Morfa Drive, Conwy, LL32 8ED
||New Clerks of Governing Bodies.
*The finish times are approximate. Any unsustainable course, due to low numbers, will be cancelled.
Course aims and objectives:
- The role of the clerk is extremely varied and includes making sure that the governing body’s affairs are conducted in accordance with the law, Welsh Government Regulations and Guidance, that meetings are run effectively, and that the governing body works as an effective team.
- Governing Body clerks will be expected to undertake training as determined by Welsh Government Regulations and Guidance.
This session will cover those areas required under regulations:
- Key roles, duties and responsibilities of the governing body and governing body Chair
- Statutory duties of the clerk
- The administrative functions of a clerk including agenda preparation and minute taking
- The role of clerk as advisor to the Governing Body on procedural and legal matters
Other areas of clerking will be covered or explored in greater depth to allow the sharing of experience and discussion of the concerns clerks may have.
Chairs are invited to attend as it is important that they understand the statutory relationship between these two key roles on a governing body.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Clerks will have a greater understanding of their role
- Greater awareness of statutory requirements and protocols