James Alexander Barr Tennis Centre offers a number of different activities and course, suitable for both the complete beginner, through to the avid player.
For our Junior players, we offer:
4 levels of Mini Tennis offer a tailored approach to tennis based on age and physical maturity. Our courses are aimed at children aged between 3 and 10 years and are a great introduction to tennis.
Sessions run as follows during term time only:
- Mini Blue 3-4 years Monday 4pm – 5pm
- Mini Red 4 – 8 years Monday 5pm – 6pm
- Mini Orange 6 – 9 years Monday 5pm – 6pm
- Mini Green 8 – 10 years Tuesday 5pm – 6pm
Mini Tennis Development
- These invitational groups are offered to children who can maintain a ‘tennis rally’ and show potential in athleticism and hand / eye coordination.
- They are held in smaller groups with a maximum of 6 players.
Pay and Play Sessions
- A fun, enjoyable session for players of all levels and ability. 5 – 8 years
- Every Friday 4pm – 8pm
- These sessions concentrate on developing technique and are aimed at children aged 10 and above who already play tennis.
- Every Tuesday between 6pm – 7pm
- These sessions have an emphasis on fun and are ideal for children aged 10 and above who want to play against other children of a similar ability.
- Every Wednesday between 6pm – 7pm
- These sessions are offered to anyone with learning difficulties of any age, and the emphasis is on enjoyment! Participants are encouraged to have fun and to develop hand to eye coordination.
- Every Thursday between 5pm – 6pm
- We offer these as either individual lessons or for a pair of learners.
- For information on our available coaches and prices, please call James Alexander Barr Tennis Centre.