Aqua-tots (lessons for 3 year olds)
Our Aqua-tot lessons are for children that are 3 years of age and in part time school. These lessons have less children per group than our mainstream lessons and the teachers are in the water with the children.
Our lessons are for children over 4 years of age that are in school full time. The lessons are held after school and Saturday mornings at each of our pools. The lessons follow the Swim Wales Aqua Passport framework. The framework ensures that children learn and develop all the skills required to become competent swimmers.
By registering on the Aqua Passport website parents and children can keep track of their progress in their lessons.
We provide lessons for adults. These lessons are available at each pool and are available for non swimmers up to competent swimmers that want to improve their technique.
We offer private swimming lessons for adults and juniors. These are offered outside the times of our swimming lesson programme and therefore availability is limited.
Please contact your local swimming pool to register for lessons.
Information for parents.
- Swimming lessons are held on Saturday mornings and weekday evenings.
- Courses run continuously throughout the year with a two week break over Christmas
- All equipment for the lessons e.g. arm bands, floats etc. are provided.
- Before your child starts lessons they will need to wear the appropriate swimming costume or trunks with no long shorts or wetsuits.
- Long hair must be tied back or a swimming cap must be worn.
- Please ensure your child has visited the toilet before entering the water.
- If your child is feeling unwell please consider whether they are fit enough to attend the lesson.
- If the child has goggles they must be able to take them on and off themselves as the teacher will not be able to do this for them.
- Please do not leave items in the cubicles as they will be deemed as lost property and removed.