What support is available for families in Conwy?
Click here for the Family Information Service, where you can find out about support available for families in Conwy, including projects funded by Families First.
See below for a list of all the projects funded by Families First.
Can I apply for funding for a project?
When funding opportunities are available they are advertised through CVSC and the Health, Social Care and Wellbeing Network. Click here for details.
How are projects monitored?
Copies of the report card used to monitor and evalaute Families First projects, and guidance for filling in the report card, are available upon request.
What do we do in Conwy to achieve better health and wellbeing, education and employment for families living in poverty?
The aim of the Families First programme is to achieve better health and wellbeing, education and employment for families living in poverty. We aim to achieve this in several ways:
- Team Around the Family: We work with Team Around the Family to coordinate and learn more about the variety of services provided throughout Conwy.
- Commissioning: We identify local needs and work with the Conwy People's Partnership, and other partnerships across North Wales, to decide what can be done to address those needs.
- Projects: We fund projects to support vulnerable families across Conwy.
- Learning Sets: We share what we have done and what has been successful with partnerships all over North Wales.
How were the projects chosen?
We carried out research to identify the key issues which needed to be addressed to achieve better health and wellbeing, education and employment for families in poverty in Conwy. Key issues which emerged from the research:
- Mental and emotional health
- Family breakdown and domestic abuse
- Money and finances
- Children with disabilities
We then assessed the grant applications and selected projects for funding which we believe could have the greatest impact towards addressing these issues. See below for full and summarised versions of our research report.
Need anything else?
Please feel free to contact the team for any further information:
Families First Projects 2016-17
Families First Research: Summary
Families First Research