|29th September 2017
||9:15am arrival for tea/coffee and registration
9:30am – 4:30pm
|Colwyn Training Room, Bron y Nant, Dinerth Road, Rhos-on-Sea, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, LL28 4YN
||Targeted Services – Disability; Family Support & Interventions; Looked After Children; Vulnerable People
Newly Qualified Social Workers and Social Workers new to Conwy working with Looked After Children. This course is also open to existing Social Workers wishing to refresh their knowledge.
Course aims and objectives:
This course aims to provide an overview of current Looked After Children processes and practices in Conwy.
Course content includes:
- Definition of a Looked after child & Current LAC statistics in Conwy
- Role of the corporate parent
- Overview of Part 6 of the Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014
- LAC processes flow chart & timelines
- Placement types & the placement finding process Leaving care
- Quality of Care Concerns & Safeguarding
- MAC Review Process & the role of the Independent Reviewing officer
- Social Workers role in addressing Educational needs of LAC
- Social Workers role in addressing Health needs of LAC
- Case transfer & joint working across teams
- Impacts on the child & the importance of life story work
- Case examples
- Resources available and where to find them
For further information, or if you have booked a place on the course and have not received notification to attend please contact the Workforce Development & Learning Administrative Team. Please do not turn up to any course unless you have received notification of your place as the event may be fully booked.