|29th January 2019
||9:15am arrival for tea/coffee and registration
9.30am - 4.00pm
|Porth Eirias, Promenade, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, LL29 8HH
|National Autistic Society
||Targeted Services – Community & Wellbeing, Disability Team, Family Support & Intervention, Looked After Children, Commissioned Services, Older People & HSW, Quality Standards, Vulnerable People Team, Youth Justice Service, Foster Carers
Target Group Foster Carers, Residential Care Workers Children & Adults, Social Workers, Family & Community Support Workers
Course aims and objectives:
This one day introductory course builds your knowledge of autism and how to support autistic children and adults. SPELL is a framework for understanding and responding to autistic people’s needs. It will allow you to develop better practice and use evidence-based strategies to support autistic children and adults.
- The main areas of difference in autism (interacting, sensory processing, information processing, communicating)
- How does autism affect people’s lives?
- Autistic people are individuals
- Causes of anxiety and stress
- Introduction to the SPELL framework
- There is an expectation that all delegates will complete the full course which is planned to finish at 4.30pm. If you have care commitments and cannot make suitable alternative arrangements, please contact your supervisor to discuss.
For further information, or if you have booked a place on the course and have not received notification to attend please contact the Workforce Development & Learning Administrative Team. Please do not turn up to any course unless you have received notification of your place as the event may be fully booked