Before applying for this grant, please check if you are eligible and ensure you complete the Business Wales Covid-19 eligibility checker.
Purpose of the grant
This is a grant to provide financial assistance for CIW-registered childcare businesses, which have experienced a reduction in net income as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
When will the scheme open
The scheme will open to applications from the 24th August to 31 October 2020. Applications received after 31 October 2020 will not be considered.
Applications will be dealt with on a first come first served basis. This may lead to applications not being appraised after they have been submitted if the fund is fully committed.
A grant of up to £5,000 is available to CIW registered childcare businesses that have been affected by the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Your net income for 1 April to 30 June 2020 has decreased compared to the same period in 2019 due to COVID-19,
- Alternatively if your business started trading on or after 2 April 2019 and you made a net loss for the period 1 April to 30 June 2020 you may be eligible to up to £2,500, and you must not have been able to access other grant schemes offered by the UK and Welsh Governments.
You are not eligible for this grant if you have received, or have been successful in applying for support from:
- The business rate grant from your Local Authority
- Economic resilience fund for SME and microbusinesses
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- Welsh Government Start Up Grant
- Third Sector Resilience Fund
In addition to the schemes above, you will not be eligible if you have received funding under the Mudiad Meithrin grant scheme as this is funded via the Third Sector Resilience Fund.
Full guidance about the scheme is available here.
How to submit your grant application
Before you submit your details, please ensure you have a digital copy of the required evidence as detailed in Page 2 and 3 of the Guidance Notes, which for online submissions needs to be uploaded as part of your online application.