The UKSPF Conwy Community Regeneration Key Fund is now closed to applications.
We have received a high number of applications - 90 applications, valued over £10m were received, substantially more than the available funding.
We are now in the process of assessing the projects and we will contact applicants in due course.
We are seeking applications from community focused organisations to deliver projects across Conwy that will address local needs and will contribute to building ‘Pride in Place’ and ‘make a visible difference’ through the Communities & Place Investment Priority of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
The fund will consider project applications for all interventions under the Investment Priority area of Communities and Place (W1-W15).
This is an open call for projects delivering in Conwy county.
Projects may apply for grants of between £10,000 and £249,999 and must be complete by autumn 2024.
This round is open for applications until 5.00pm on 22nd September 2023.
There is likely to be a high demand for funding and we do not currently anticipate opening a second round. We may consider extending the deadline for submitting applications should funding still be available.
Conwy County Borough Council has been allocated a total of £24.5m to invest and spend by March 2025.
Some of the core Shared Prosperity Fund has been committed to the establishment of Key Funds for supporting Community Regeneration projects, along with ‘Supporting Local Businesses’, ‘People and Skills’ and ‘Voluntary Sector’ Key Funds.
- The timescale for delivery of the UKSPF is short; this means that all projects will need to be completed and final claims submitted by 30 November 2024 at the very latest, to allow time for closure of the programme.
- The eligible period for expenditure under the UKSPF began on 1 April 2022. Applicants may therefore include an element of retrospective expenditure within their applications. Note that any expenditure incurred by applicants prior to signing a grant funding agreement will be entirely at their own risk.
- In submitting an application, you will authorise the Council(s) to make any necessary enquiries to check any information that is required for the administration of the UKSPF programme. The information you provide may also be shared with others as stated within the following privacy notice: Privacy Statement
How to Apply
Applications to the Community Regeneration Key Fund can be made through the online portal.
You must complete and upload the ‘Project Costs and Plan Workbook’ as part of your online application – this can be found below.
Before submitting your application:
- Consider the eligibility of your project by reviewing the UKSPF interventions, outputs and outcomes (W1 – W15 are relevant to this key fund and can be found below). Also consider how it will meet the needs and ambitions of the areas where you will deliver.
- Read the Key Fund guidance and gather all the required information by reviewing the offline version of the application questions (we have provided below a Microsoft Word version of the form that can be used to help you prepare your submission).
- Complete the ‘Project Costs and Plan Workbook’ ready to upload as part of your online application.
- When you are ready, click on the link below to complete and submit your application via our online portal.
Links to other documents you might find helpful:
This project is funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.