The UKSPF Conwy People and Skills Key Fund is open.
The grant will close to applications in January 2024 or at such time as the funds have been fully committed, if earlier.
The People and Skills Key Fund is an exciting opportunity for organisations to carry out projects across Conwy that will contribute to the People and Skills and Multiply (adult numeracy) interventions of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
The Key Fund can support applications for grants of between £50,000 and £249,999.
Organisations can apply for funding to:
- Help reduce the barriers some people face to employment and support them to move towards employment and education.
- Support skills development, employment and local growth based on the needs identified in Conwy County.
- Help transform the lives of adults by improving their numeracy skills (Multiply).
This is an open call for projects delivering in Conwy County.
Projects may apply for grants of between £50,000 and £249,999 and must be complete by autumn 2024.
Applications can be submitted from Monday 6th November 2023 until Monday 29th January 2024.
Conwy County Borough Council has been allocated a total of £24.5m to invest and spend by March 2025.
Some of the core Shared Prosperity Fund has been committed to the establishment of ‘Community Regeneration’, ‘Supporting Local Businesses’, ‘People and Skills’ and ‘Voluntary Sector’ Key Funds.
- The timescale for delivery of the UKSPF is short; this means that all projects will need to be completed and final claims submitted by 30 November 2024 at the very latest, to allow time for closure of the programme.
- The eligible period for expenditure under the UKSPF is from 1 April 2022. Applicants may therefore include an element of retrospective expenditure within their applications. Note that any expenditure incurred by applicants prior to signing a grant funding agreement will be entirely at their own risk.
- In submitting an application, you will authorise the Council(s) to make any necessary enquiries to check any information that is required for the administration of the UKSPF programme. The information you provide may also be shared with others as stated within our privacy notice.
How to apply
Applications to the People and Skills Key Fund can be made through the online portal.
You must complete and upload the ‘Project Costs and Plan Workbook’ as part of your online application.
Before submitting your application:
- Consider the eligibility of your project by reviewing the UKSPF Interventions, Objectives, Outcomes and Outputs (W34 – W53 are relevant to this key fund). Also consider how it will meet the needs and ambitions of the areas where you will deliver.
- Read the Key Fund guidance and gather all the required information by reviewing the offline version of the application questions (we have provided a Microsoft Word version of the form that can be used to help you prepare your submission).
- Complete the ‘Project Costs and Plan Workbook’ ready to upload as part of your online application.
- When you are ready, complete and submit your application via our online portal.
UK Shared Prosperity Fund: outputs and outcomes definitions (UK Government)
Other documents you might find helpful
If you have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is funded by the UK Government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.