Dear Prospective Candidate,
Thank you for taking an interest in the role of Head of Finance.
Conwy County Borough Council is an award winning local authority and excellent employer which lives by its vision of being a “Progressive County, Creating Opportunity”.
We are continually seeking to improve what we do, modernise the way we work and seek new opportunities.
An exciting opportunity has been created for someone to continue our journey, modernising the way we work and striving for excellence.
You will be an excellent financial leader, with substantial post qualification experience, solution driven, courageous yet wise in decision making and seek out opportunities to contribute at the highest level with a passion for the job, embracing the importance of improving the lives of people of Conwy and North Wales.
The post is responsible for:
- Functions/services that are as financially efficient as possible with no, or minimum subsidy
- Financial sustainability and cross-subsidy – moving money from where it is, to where it needs to be
- Keeping the Conwy £ within Conwy CBC or, if not, within the county
- Maximising use and value of all of our assets: fixed, natural and intellectual
- Operational management of Accountancy services, Education Finance, Creditors, Payroll, Income &
- Reconciliation, Local Taxation and Housing Benefit & Assessment Service
- Acting as Section 151 Officer in the absence of the Strategic Director, Finance & Resources
- Providing leadership through membership of the Senior Management Team
Experience as a leader of people and teams is very important for success and whilst a background with local government in Wales would be a distinct advantage, it is not a prerequisite, as we are equally interested in appointing someone with the attributes mentioned above, who has an understanding of the Welsh political context and who will fit well into our team.
To be successful in this role you will be an excellent communicator, have first class relationship management skills, a high level of political awareness and judgement, be highly resilient under pressure and recognise the value of teamwork.
We have an exciting and ambitious agenda. Come and join us to play a key role in achieving success for our residents and visitors.