The Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation 2014 (WIMD) is the official measure of deprivation for small areas in Wales.It measures different types of deprivation, called 'domains', to help identify areas where there are clusters of deprivation. The results for all Super Output Areas (SOAs, subdivisions of electoral divisions/wards) in Wales are ranked against each other, to give relative measures of deprivation.
Areas in Conwy which fall within the top 10% most deprived in Wales for each domain are as follows:
- Multiple deprivation (overall index) - Abergele Pensarn 2; Glyn 2; Tudno 2; Llysfaen 1
- Income - Llysfaen 1; Tudno 2; Glyn 2; Abergele Pensarn 2
- Employment - Abergele Pensarn 2; Glyn 2; Rhiw 3; Tudno 2
- Health - Abergele Pensarn 2
- Education - Kinmel Bay 1; Tudno 2; Abergele Pensarn 2
- Access to services - Uwchaled; Llansannan; Uwch Conwy; Llangernyw; Eglwysbach; Betws yn Rhos; Caerhun; Trefriw; Betws-y-Coed
- Community safety - Glyn 2; Mostyn 2; Gogarth 1; Rhiw 3; Tudno 1
- Physical environment - none
- Housing - Llysfaen 1; Glyn 1; Gogarth 1; Glyn 2; Abergel Pensarn 2; Llangernyw; Mostyn 2; Tudno 2; Llysfaen 2; Uwch Conwy; Tudno 1
More information (including maps) can be found by clicking here to view the Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation information on the Welsh Government site.
Please let us know if there is any other statistical information you think it would be useful to provide on this website.