Essential Website Maintenance – Thursday 9th January 2020

We will be carrying out essential website maintenance in the afternoon which will affect some functionality. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience the work may cause and will do all we can to keep disruption to an absolute minimum.

Conwy Benefits Calculator

Summary (optional)
This calculator should be used only as a guide to your potential benefits entitlement as there may be other factors which affect the final amount to which you are entitled to. The amount you calculate may differ to the amount you are eligible to receive.
start content

Universal Credit Full Service now applies for WORKING AGE residents living in Conwy County Borough for NEW claims and certain changes in circumstances.

You will not be able to make a NEW claim for HOUSING BENEFIT if you are WORKING AGE apart from in very specific circumstances.

Help towards your rent will be through Universal Credit, which must be claimed through the Department for Work and Pensions.

For more details please see or telephone the Benefit Office on 01492 576491.

If you are liable to pay Council Tax at the property you live in, you will need to apply for Council Tax Reduction .

Can I claim?

To apply for Housing Benefit you must:

  • Normally live at the property you are applying for
  • Be liable to pay rent for the property

And either be :

  • Pension Age
  • In Supported/Exempt Accommodation

People with over £16,000 in savings will not normally qualify for any benefit unless you are in receipt of Guaranteed Pension Credit.

This is not an exhaustive list, for further details please visit GOV.UK for more information.

In this section

Drag side panels here (optional)
end content