Children start their educational journey in the term following their third birthday. They will follow the Foundation Phase curriculum until they are 7 years old. A funded place is available for 3 year olds in a registered pre-school setting (cylch meithrin, playgroup, day nursery,) or in a school from the term following their 3rd birthday. The funding is not for childcare and is allocated directly to the setting. The funding may not cover the full cost of the session within a childcare setting and you may be charged a fee towards the total cost.
When does your child become eligible?
|If your child was born between:||You will be eligible for funded part time education for:|
|September 1st – December 31st
||The Spring and Summer Term after their third birthday through a choice of approved settings
|January 1st – March 31st
||The Summer Term after their third birthday through a choice of approved settings
|April 1st and August 31st
||The Autumn term after their third birthday – provision is made through the County’s schools
How many hours can your child attend?
Each child who qualifies can receive up to ten hours a week of Foundation Phase Learning.
This is usually:
- 5 sessions a week, 1 per day, of 2 hours duration OR 4 sessions a week, 1 per day, of 2½ hours duration.
Settings however may vary in their opening hours. Please discuss this with your childcare setting.
Which settings are part of the scheme?
A list of childcare settings which are members of the scheme are available from:
Conwy Family Information Service
Tel: 01492 577850
- Only childcare settings which are members of the scheme are eligible for funding.
How do I apply for my child’s place?
- The relevant paperwork will be sent to all registered settings after October half-term and February half-term.
- You as a parent/guardian must provide the appropriate information (incorrect information will result in late/non-payment) and return it to the setting.
- The setting will also have to sign to approve the information given. They will then submit it on your behalf.
IMPORTANT – FUNDING CAN ONLY BE ALLOCATED TO ONE SETTING
What happens if my child attends more than one setting?
- We can only fund ONE setting, and it is the parent’s decision as to which setting should be allocated the funding.
- Only apply at the setting you would like your child to receive their funded place.