Mandatory Safeguarding Briefing, introducing the new groups of training required for childcare providers.
This is targeted for Setting Managers, Leaders, Senior Staff of Early Years Settings, Childminders, Designated Safeguarding Person, Responsible Individuals or professionals working within the Early Years sector.
*Please note at least one individual needs to attend from each setting.
This session will provide an update on the National Safeguarding, Learning & Development Standards and how they inform the National Minimum Standards for regulated childcare as well as developing more in-depth knowledge around your Safeguarding role as a manager/senior staff member in an early years setting.
|Date ||Time ||Venue ||Trainer ||Course Fee |
||6.30pm - 9pm
||Remote online training via Microsoft Teams
- Develop and understanding of the National Safeguarding Learning & Development Standards and which group staff are required to undertake
- Develop a greater awareness of the duty to report Safeguarding concerns
- Increase confidence in writing and submitting safeguarding reports in a timely manner
- Develop an increased understanding of non-accidental injuries
- Increased knowledge of physical abuse and the Abolition of Physical Chastisement
- Understand the Section 5 of the Wales Safeguarding Procedures - Safeguarding Allegations/Concerns about Practitioners and those in Positions of Trust process and your role as managers within early years settings
The session will be 2.5 hours in total and there is an expectation that those who do attend the training session will disseminate the information to their staff/colleagues