A housing adaptation is a physical alteration to your home which helps you get in and out of your home, improves mobility within your home and allows you to have safe access to essential facilities in the main areas of your home.
There are three types of adaptations; a Small, Medium and Large Adaptation.
- Examples of Small Adaptations include: grab rails, mop stick rails, a key safe, extra lighting.
- Examples of Medium Adaptations include: A stair lift, a walk in shower, a wet room, a ramp installed.
- Examples of Large Adaptations include: An extension, widening doorways, a through floor lift.
We are committed to providing a customer centred housing adaptions service in Conwy to help disabled and/or older people to become more independent within their own home.
Customer Service Standards (PDF)
For information- How to make a request for an adaption
Is there financial support available to help fund housing adaptations?
Yes, financial assistance is available to:
- A tenant renting from a private landlord
- A tenant renting from a housing association
- A resident of a park home
- Living on a houseboat
However, applicants will be subject to a financial assessment to work out how much (if anything) the applicant has to pay towards the cost of the works.
You will be advised on the type of assistance available to you following your assessment.
For information: Disabled Facilities Grant.