Essential Website Maintenance – Thursday 9th January 2020

We will be carrying out essential website maintenance in the afternoon which will affect some functionality. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience the work may cause and will do all we can to keep disruption to an absolute minimum.

Jubilee Street Parties

Summary (optional)
A 4 step guide to help residents prepare community celebrations for the Platinum Jubilee (2-5 June 2022)
start content

If you’re thinking of arranging a Jubilee street party, use this 4 Step Guide to Street Parties to prepare for your celebrations.

  1. Organisers will need permission from the Council's Highways team to hold a street party.

    There will be no charge for this.

    Apply for a street party road closure

    Send your application form to with details of the road to be closed and date and time of the closure. 

    You will need to apply for this at least 28 days in advance. The deadline to submit applications is 05/05/22.

    We will only give permission to street parties taking place on the weekend of the Diamond Jubilee 2 – 5 June 2022.

  2. Organisers will be responsible for arranging road closed signs and diversion signs, if needed.

    You will also need to tell residents and businesses in the area affected by the road closure.

  3. Check if you need a Temporary Events Notice
    You won’t need a temporary events notice if:

    Your street party is a private party for residents
    your party is not advertised in advance to attract people
    you're not making money

    You will need a temporary events notice if:

    you are selling tickets in advance
    you are selling alcohol
    you are charging an entrance fee

    You will need to apply for a temporary events notice at least 10 working days in advance, costing £21.

    Apply For a Temporary Events Notice

    If you have any questions about entertainment or alcohol licences please contact Conwy County Borough Council's Licensing Team on (01492) 576626.

  4. We strongly advise organisers to arrange Public Liability Insurance for your events.


end content