Two of the ways you can get involved in the partnership work in Conwy are through the Youth Council and the Involvement Network
What is the Youth Council?
The Conwy Youth Council is about young people having a voice and having a choice in decisions that affect them. We work on projects and ideas that can make a difference to children and young people in Conwy.
We have representatives from all over Conwy, coming from schools, youth groups and special interest groups.
Some of the things we have worked on recently:
- A campaign to promote using the Welsh language in social situations
- Sexual health
- A Looked After Plan (children and young people’s versions of the Corporate Parenting Strategy) – working with the Loud Voices forum for looked after children
- Met with heads of service to talk about our views
- Met with Cabinet members to talk about local government reform
- Next – we will be working on Additional Learning Needs
To find out more, take a look at the website (linked below). If you are a young person and would like to join the Youth Council, please get in touch with us.
What is the Involvement Network?
The Conwy Involvement Network provides an opportunity for you to get involved and have your say about health and social care services in Conwy.
There are two ways to be part of the Involvement Network:
- Involvement Network Group:
- We represent our community group or forum
- We get involved with groups and work that will make a positive difference
- Wider Involvement Network
- We keep in touch by sending you information about opportunities to have your say
If you are interested in joining the Network, or to find out more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or Pauline Roberts on 01492 574039
Other ways to get involved
There are lots of other ways to get involved and have your voice heard in Conwy. Get in touch to find out more!
Conwy Youth Council