CareTutor/ BVS on-line learning has courses that are tailored to the Care Sector and the Workforce Development and Learning team are pleased to be able to facilitate this for Social Care establishments and Agencies, at no cost to yourselves.
- Learners can take a flexible approach where they can start a course module at times to suit themselves and at their own pace. The course can be left and picked up again when time allows, progress made is recorded and the Learner joins at the same point in the course when returning
- The course modules offer videos demonstrating realistic health and social care issues, examples and procedures
- On successful completion of the whole course module, a Certification of Completion in PDF format can be requested and emailed to the Learner’s Manager for recording on Training Matrix and can be placed in Learner’s portfolio
- All BVS courses have been developed by CareTutor, London with the assistance of leading UK consultants. All courses are endorsed by Skills For Care, mapped to the All Wales Induction Framework in Health and Social Care and are peer-reviewed by organisations such as the Alzheimer’s Society and SCIE (Social Care Institute for Excellence)
How the CareTutor/BVS course modules work:
- Each course module consists of chapters of a video which includes one interaction where a question needs to be answered correctly and submitted before moving onto the next chapter.
- Incorrect answers to a question means that the Learner will be returned to an earlier section of the video to watch again before answering the question …
- All chapters need to be completed before accessing the Assessment Quiz (3 attempts to pass the quiz which has a 15 minute time limit)
- A score of 80% or above is needed to pass the Quiz.
- To complete the course a short Feedback Form is required to be submitted
- A PDF Certification of Completion showing the Learner’s name, date of submission and pass mark can be sent to Manager’s on request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have found a course that is of interest to you, please email email@example.com who will be able to arrange for the course to be allocated to you.
You will receive a New User setup email from CareTutor which includes a link to the CareTutor eLearning Portal and a password which you will need to change to a “personal to you” password. Please note you will only receive the New User setup email for the first module you apply for and not for any subsequent modules.