Care Sector Statement
AC Education is an online training resource which is available for Managers of care establishments and agencies to access on computers and laptops in-house as an additional source of training.
One of the advantages of offering on-line courses is that you can decide the time that best suits your organisation to offer training to your staff.
AC Education has developed a Food Hygiene module which you may find helpful - the module can be accessed either in 1 sitting or spread out over a number of days or weeks, link here -
The content of the module contains Learning Outcomes, Workbook, end of course quiz and option to print sections of the course materials as well as links to useful websites.
By completing the course you and your staff will be able to -
- Understand the importance of food hygiene
- Identify the 4 common types of food hazards
- Know the causes, sources and symptoms of food poisoning
- Learn the food safety law
- Understand the contamination hazards and control
- Know the types and sources of contamination
- Understand how to prepare, store and serve food
If you would like to access the AC Education Food Hygiene module, please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to arrange for the course to be allocated to you.