|22 January 2021
9:30am - 12:30pm
|ZOOM - Online/Virtual Training
||Targeted Services - Disability Team, Commissioned Services, Older People & HSW, Vulnerable People Team, Foster Carers
Target Group - For staff new to care and for staff who may like to update their knowledge
Course aims and objectives
- To enable learners to deliver effective and thorough support to individuals who have continence difficulties.
- The course is aimed at direct care workers with no experience of continence issues and can also be attended by direct care workers and nurses who may like to update their knowledge.
- To help attendees understand the causes, prevention and management of continence issues, without side-stepping important matters.
- Factors which may cause an individual to be incontinent.
- How incontinence may affect an individual’s well-being.
- Causes of urinary incontinence and faecal incontinence
- Methods which may be used to identify incontinence problems.
- Strategies to assist individual experiencing continence problems.
- Effects of incontinence & what to look out for
Course Assessment and Certification
There is no formal assessment for this awareness course. The trainer will continuously monitor attendees and on successful completion of the training learners will be issued with a certificate of attendance which is valid for 3 years.
For further information, or if you have booked a place on the course and have not received notification to attend please contact the Workforce Development & Learning Administrative Team. Please do not turn up to any course unless you have received notification of your place as the event may be fully booked.