Using PPE - including demonstration - PPE will be emphasised alongside a demonstration
Course aims and objectives:
The aims of this course are:
- To consider the definition of infection and infection control and explore how various diseases can be spread (Endogenous spread and Exogenous spread)
- COVID19 – 2020 – where we are!
- Consider different types of pathogenic micro-organisms, bacteria, virus, fungi, protozoa and parasites
- Identify systematic and localised infection
- Explore common infectious diseases to include MRSA (colonisations and infections),Clostridium difficile, flu and the common cold
- Raise awareness of the principles of infection control – examples of good and poor practice, roles and responsibilities of employers and employees in relation to infection control
- Preventing the spread of infection – effective handwashing, use of universal precautions / personal protective equipment and good personal hygiene
- Infection Control Quiz
Upon successful completion of the course candidate will receive a certificate
For further information, or if you have booked a place on the course and have not received notification to attend please contact the Workforce Development & Learning Administrative Team. Please do not turn up to any course unless you have received notification of your place as the event may be fully booked.