Course aims and objectives:
Delegates to have attended Wales Safeguarding Procedures:
- Adult at Risk workshop with Vicky Allen either in 2019/20 or 21
- Gain knowledge of the legal framework underpinning adults
- Gain an overview of the safeguarding process
- Gain an understanding of the national programme of Making Safeguarding Personal to ensure responses to safeguarding situations are delivered in a way that enhances involvement, choice and control as well as improving quality of life, wellbeing and safety.
- Understand the types, purpose and models of enquiry, how to plan an enquiry and conduct a subsequent interview to best practice standards.
- How to create and use records and notes as the primary source of evidence.
- How to identify issues and facts, and the source and weight of those facts.
- How to evaluate and triangulate evidence
- Understand the features of a good safeguarding report, appropriate layout, format and style and develop a critical eye in relation to written evidence.
For further information, or if you have booked a place on the course and have not received notification to attend please contact the Workforce Development & Learning Administrative Team.
Please do not turn up to any course unless you have received notification of your place as the event may be fully booked.