Roadworks – surface improvements
We have prioritised roads across the county for road surface improvements this summer.
The improvement works will be on these roads:
- B4501 Ffordd Bala, Llangwm
- A543 Pentrefoelas Cottage Bridge
- B5106 Dolgarrog
- A547 Rhuddlan Road
- B5383 Dolwen Road
- Aber Road, Llanfairfechan
- B5106 Iolyn Park, Llanrwst Road towards Tyn y Groes
- A544 Clwt to Rhos, near Bylchau
- Bodnant Road, Egwlysbach to Bodnant
- Maes Tyddyn, Llanfihangel to B5105
- B5279 Tyn y Groes to Rowen
- B5384 Gwytherin, Pont Rhydllechog
We’re repairing potholes on these roads during July in preparation for surface dressing work in August.
What is surface dressing?
First we spray bitumen binder (a sticky tar-like substance) on a road surface, then spread stone chippings on top. After this the surface is rolled to push the stones in, but some loose stones will stay on the top. Vehicles driving over the new road surface push these in to finish the surface. We then sweep the area after several days to clear up any loose stones.
We don’t need to close the roads to do this but there may be some delays to traffic while the work is carried out.
Posted on 10/07/2019