What you need to know if you're planning to eat out or visit your local pub
Local Lockdown in Conwy - what you need to know if you're planning to eat out or visit your local pub
Conwy County Borough is currently under a local lockdown and Welsh Government has issued guidance for anyone planning to go out for a drink or meal.
The full guidance can be viewed here https://gov.wales/conwy-county-borough-lockdown-frequently-asked-questions but if you are going out to eat or drink here's the key things you need to know:
- You cannot meet for a drink or meal with anyone who is not a member of your immediate household until the local lockdown is lifted
- You cannot go out of Conwy County Borough for a drink or meal until the local lockdown is lifted
- You must wear a face covering to go into a pub or to go into a restaurant or cafe
- You must keep your face covering on at all times except when you are seated at your table
- There will be table service only and you may not get up to go the bar. Orders will be taken at the table and drinks brought to you.
- All staff working in areas where there are customers will be wearing face coverings
- You cannot mingle with anyone on other tables or from other groups or move around inside the premises
- You must not move the tables as these will have been laid out in order to keep people from different households a safe distance apart
- Even if you are only out for a drink and not a meal you must remain seated at your designated table for the duration of your visit
- If you need to leave the table for any reason, for example to go to the toilet, you must put your face covering on.
- There are exemptions regarding the wearing of face coverings which will apply to some customers and these are explained in the guidance
And don't forget you'll also need to wear a face covering if you're going by train or bus or if you’re planning to get a taxi.
These new measures are there to protect everyone and reduce the spread of the virus. If they fail and infections continue to rise it is probable that more restrictive measures will be introduced.
Remember to keep yourself safe. If you don’t feel safe in any environment, whether it’s a shop, restaurant, bar or cafe – don’t go there. Stick to the places you know are looking after you and their staff. Support businesses that are doing a great job.
Please do your bit to keep Conwy safe.
Posted on 09/10/2020