To offer the following treatments in Conwy both the person and premises must be registered with the Public Protection Team:
- cosmetic piercing including ear piercing
- semi permanent skin colouring
Registration is governed by the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982.
How to apply
- The cost to register the business for skin piercing activities is £120.
- The cost for each individual person is £60.
- Licences once issued are renewed for free every 2 years and a new certificate issued.
- There are no powers to refuse registration, but the practice is controlled through compliance with relevant legislation and in some cases local byelaws. You will also need to provide details of any previous convictions.
- An applicant will need to consider whether planning permission is required for the proposed activity. They should contact the planning department to discuss whether permission will be needed.
The following documents should also be submitted with your application:
- Training Certificates
- Public Liability Insurance
- Consent Form
- After Care Advice Leaflet
Processing & Timescales
- An inspection will be carried out by a local authority officer within 28 days of receipt of application. If you have not heard from us within this timescales please contact us.
- Tacit consent does not apply so your application must be processed by the authority before it can be granted.
It is illegal to conduct cosmetic piercing, tattooing, skin colouring, acupuncture or electrolysis unless the registration has been formally approved.
Legislation & Conditions
Report a problem
- Any complaints or enquiries regarding skin piercing activities please contact us.