What is the Publication Scheme?
The Publication Scheme details all the information routinely available under FOI. Please check this as the information you are requesting may already be publicly available.
How do I ask for information?
Email or write to us using the contact details in this section
In your request you can request documents, reports or correspondence. Please :
- be specific and provide a clear description of what we should be looking for.
- include your name and address or email address and phone number so that we can contact you if we need to clarify your request
- state if you require the information in a specific format e.g. a hard copy or electronic, large print etc.
Will there be a charge?
If we can provide the information within 18 hours of staff time there will be no charge, however, charges may be made for costs incurred such as photocopying, printing, postage and packing, but only if these charges amount to more than £10.00. If a charge is to be made, confirmation of the payment due will be given before the information is provided and payment may be requested prior to the provision of the information.
Responding to your request
We will respond to your request within 20 working days. If there is likely to be a delay, we will tell you. This time limit might occasionally be extended if we have to consider complex legal issues, but we will endeavour to let you know. We will also explain why the delay is necessary. We will always try to provide information as soon as possible.
We can refuse to give you the information you request if:
- Providing the information exceeds £450 (based on 18 hours at a cost of £25 per hour)
- We do not hold the information you are looking for
- The information is exempt from disclosure under the Act
- Your request is considered vexatious or repeated
More information can be found on the ICO website
What happens if I am not satisfied with the response I get?
If you have not received the information you asked for, or if some of it has been withheld, the Council has a complaints procedure for FOI requests. If you are not satisfied with our response you must put your complaint in writing within 20 working days of receiving the Councils response giving the reasons for your complaint.
You can either email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Information Governance Unit and your complaint will be referred to a senior officer.
Information Governance Unit
Conwy County Borough Council
Can I have my personal information under FOI?
If you want your own information, you are entitled to it under Data Protection, rather than FOI. The rules for personal and non-personal information are slightly different. See the "Applying for your data" web page.