Substances and Addiction
- Develop an understand of what substances are and their effects on individuals
- Explore the law relating to illegal substances
- The risks associated with substance misuse
- Gain an understanding of the effect that substance misuse has on parenting capacity and the short and long term impact on children
- Learn about the help and support available for substance users and those around them
|31st January 2022
||Targeted Services – Foster Carers & Connected Person Carers
Course aims and objectives:
The foster carer will be able to:
- Recognise and describe the effects of substance misuse to support the child or young person appropriately.
For further information, or if you have booked a place on the course and have not received notification to attend please contact the Workforce Development & Learning Administrative Team. Please do not turn up to any course unless you have received notification of your place as the event may be fully booked.