Conwy will not be accepting any new applications until 01/5/2020 (reviewed monthly) for:
- Hackney carriages
- Private hire vehicles
- Hackney carriages drivers
- Private hire drivers
- Private hire operators.
Hackney carriage and private fire Driver renewals Driver renewals can be done online and must be applied for on time.
- Drivers requiring a DBS and DVLA will contacted individually.
- Drivers requiring a medical will requested to make a self-declaration.
Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicle renewals can be done online and must be applied for on time (No vehicle will be suspended/revoked* as long as renewal is applied for on time).
- *Uninsured/Expired COC vehicles not on the road will be allowed to renew but issued with a suspension notice (with no detriment) which will be lifted on production of insurance/COC certificate.
- *Vehicles involved in accidents or damaged must still be reported and will be inspected by an Enforcement Officer.
Most testing stations are operating and are able to continue to provide COC/MOT testing by appointment, they are following UK government guidelines, contact details will be updated weekly.