Conwy will not be accepting any new applications until 21/07/2020 (reviewed monthly) for:
- Hackney carriages drivers
- Private hire drivers
Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver renewals can be done online and must be applied for on time.
- Drivers requiring a DBS and DVLA will contacted individually.
- Drivers requiring a medical will requested to make a self-declaration.
Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicle renewals can be done online and must be applied for on time (No vehicle will be suspended/revoked* as long as renewal is applied for on time).
- *Uninsured/Expired COC vehicles not on the road will be allowed to renew but issued with a suspension notice (with no detriment) which will be lifted on production of insurance/COC certificate.
- *Vehicles involved in accidents or damaged must still be reported and will be inspected by an Enforcement Officer.
Most testing stations are operating and are able to continue to provide COC/MOT testing by appointment, they are following UK government guidelines, contact details will be updated weekly.
Contact details for testing stations:
||Orme View The Promenade Llandudno Conwy LL30 1BG
||12 Garage Street Llandudno Conwy LL30 DW
||Whitehall Road Rhos on Sea Colwyn Bay Conwy LL28 4ET
|K G Motorsport
||The Old Mill High Street Abergele Conwy LL22 7AR
|Reno Tech North Wales Ltd
||Unit 104–105, Ffordd Maelgwyn Tre Marl Industrial Estate,
Llandudno Junction Conwy LL31 9PN
||Rhos Industrial Estate
Church Road, Rhos on Sea,
Conwy, LL28 4YX
Covid-19 Taxi Newsletter Issue 1 (PDF)
Taxi & PHV Advice – Temporary Safety Screen/Barrier (Word)