Babies Born within the County of Conwy:
Register at Llandudno Town Hall by appointment.
Babies Born outside the County of Conwy:
- Register in the district where the baby is born
- Babies born at Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor will be registered in Gwynedd
- Babies born at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd, Bodelwyddan will be registered in Denbighshire
- If your baby was born in any other county in England or Wales the birth must be registered in the register office within that district. Click here to find your nearest Register Office
Register your baby’s birth by declaration:
If you are unable to attend the register office in the district where your baby was born you can make an appointment to attend any register office (within England or Wales) to ‘ declare’ the baby’s birth , the registrar will forward the signed declaration in the post to the correct register office. If you choose this option the baby’s birth Certificate will NOT be given to you at your appointment – it will be issued and posted to you from the office where your baby was born.
Who can register a birth?
Either parent can attend the Register Office.
If father / second female parent’s details are to be included in the registration they must attend the Register Office together
You can find more information about who can register on the gov.uk website
Information the Registrar will ask for:
- place and date of the birth of baby
- name, surname and sex of the baby
- parents’ names, surnames and address
- places and dates of parents’ birth
- date of parents’ marriage or civil partnership
- parents’ jobs
- mother’s maiden surname
To help ensure the accuracy of the information recorded it would be useful if you could bring identification documents with you (e.g. Passport, Driving Licence, Utility Bill, Birth and Marriage Certificates).
If you register your baby’s birth in the district where the child was born, you will be given the opportunity to purchase a full birth certificate at the time for the appropriate fee.
Re-registering your child’s birth
Births can be re-registered if:
- Natural Parents have married each other following the birth
- You want to add the father's details to the birth entry
Registering a still-birth
Please contact the Register Office for further assistance.