To be confirmed
CfW - Curriculum for Wales
A new curriculum is being developed for settings and schools in Wales. The curriculum will be available by April 2019 for feedback. A final version will be available in January 2020, and will be used throughout Wales by 2022. The new curriculum will have more emphasis on equipping young people for life. It will build their ability to learn new skills and apply their subject knowledge more positively and creatively. As the world changes, they will be more able to adapt positively.
SLO (Schools as Learning Organisations)
GwE’s introduction will ensure that governors’ are better informed as to how schools in Wales are developing to be Learning Organisations. The introduction will concentrate on the 7 dimensions which include:
- Developing and sharing a vision that is centred on the learning of all student;
- Creating and supporting continuous learning opportunities for all staff;
- Promoting team learning and collaboration among all staff;
- Establishing a culture of enquiry, innovation and exploration;
- Embedding systems for collecting and exchanging knowledge and learning;
- Learning with and from the external environment and larger system;
- Modelling and growing learning leadership.
The introduction will concentrate on the 4 transversal themes that include Time, Trust, Thinking Together and Technology in order to ensure that schools develop into being SLOs.