Ukrainian Refugees will have access to U.K. Benefits and providing they claim, they are entitled to the relevant Benefits (listed below) and may be eligible to receive Free School Meals/Pupil Development Grant:
- Income Support*
- Income-Based Jobseeker's Allowance*
- Child Tax Credit provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income, as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs that does not exceed £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- State Pension Credit Guarantee Element
- Employment Support Allowance Income Related*
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with annual net earnings of no more than £7400 (April, 2019).
DWP support for Ukrainians arriving in the UK (PDF, 1421KB) [ENGLISH VERSION]
DWP support for Ukrainians arriving in the UK (PDF, 1451KB) [UKRAINIAN VERSION]
You will need to apply following this link: www.conwy.gov.uk/en/Resident/Benefits-and-grants/Education-Benefits/Education-Benefits.aspx
Ukrainian Refugees can either receive assistance from their Sponsorship/Family Member to make the claim for Universal Credit or request assistance from the Conwy Citizens Advice, Help to Claim Service. The link to Conwy Citizens Advice contact details are: