Conwy County Borough Council and Denbighshire County Council are excited to announce that they are working together to set up a new Conwy East and Denbighshire Local Access Forum (CEDLAF) for 2023/24. This new forum will bring together individuals from the local community to represent a wide range of interests that will provide informed strategic advice to the Rights of Way and Countryside Service.
The Forum will aim to include 12 to 20 volunteers, who together will help the Councils to improve access to the countryside and open air recreation for everyone.
Membership will be selected from a range of interests, targeting input from those who use the countryside and those who manage it. During meetings, members will engage in constructive debate and seek consensus on decision-making and advice.
Membership will target representatives from:
- Farmers and land owners
- Ramblers Association and other access interest groups
- National Trust and other conservation charities
- Trail riders
- Farming organisations and Town & Community Councils
- British Horse Society and other related organisations
- Disabled users
- County Councillors
- Community representatives interested in recreation and access to the countryside
What are the aims and objectives of the forum?
- Support and advise the Councils, Natural Resources Wales and Welsh Government on open access land in Conwy and Denbighshire and consider applications for restrictions or closures of access for land management or conservation.
- Assist with advice on improving and developing the existing rights of way network and identify missing links.
- Provide advice on the counties’ Rights of Way Improvement Plans and other recreation and access strategies.
- Steer and monitor delivery of the Rights of Way Improvement Plans to ensure an integrated network that meets the needs of users today and in the future.
- Balance the needs of access users with land management and conservation needs of an area.• Prepare an annual report of its activities.
- Respond to Government consultations on managing access.
- Represent the Councils at regional Local Access Forums.
Membership application form
What happens in the interim?
Conwy and Denbighshire will be reigniting the former Local Access Forum during March 2023. A series of meetings will be set up to welcome members of the former CEDLAF to regroup and meet with the Rights of Way and Countryside Services across Conwy and Denbighshire during 2023, while the new 2023/24 Local Access Forum is created.
We will send out invitations to the members of the CEDLAF during February 2023.
Local Access Forum - Meetings, minutes and agendas
- 2019 09 04 CEDLAF_12 meeting notes (PDF)
- CEDLAF Agenda 04.09.2019 (PDF)
- Wednesday 19th June at Corwen Sports Pavillion Minutes (PDF)
- CEDLAF Agenda 19.06.2019 (PDF)
- Thursday 7th March 2019 at Coed Pella, minutes (PDF)
- CEDLAF Agenda 07.03.2019 (PDF)
- Thursday 6th December 2018 at Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre, minutes (PDF)
- CEDLAF Agenda 07.06.2018 (PDF)
- Thursday June 7 2018 Hwb Dinbych, Minutes (PDF)
- Thursday 8th March 2018 at Venue Cymru, Llandudno - Minutes (draft) (PDF)
- Thursday 11th January 2018 at Nova, Beach Road West, Prestatyn - Minutes (PDF)
- Thursday 7th September 2017 at The Great Orme Country Park Visitor's Centre, Llandudno - Minutes (PDF)
- Thursday 7th September 2017 at The Great Orme Country Park Visitor's Centre, Llandudno - Agenda (PDF)
- Wednesday 7th June 2017 at Oneplanet Adventure Mountain Bike Centre, Llandegla - Minutes (PDF)
- Wednesday 7th June 2017 at Oneplanet Adventure Mountain Bike Centre, Llandegla - Agenda (PDF)
- Wednesday 8th March 2017 at Glasdir, Plas yn Dre, Llanrwst LL26 0DF - Minutes (PDF)
- Wednesday 8th March 2017 at Glasdir, Plas yn Dre, Llanrwst LL26 0DF - Agenda (PDF)
- Wednesday 14th December 2016 at Rhug Estate, Corwen at 13.30 - Minutes (PDF)
- Wednesday 14th December 2016 at Rhug Estate, Corwen at 10.00 - Minutes (PDF)
For further information on Local Access Forums please visit https://naturalresources.wales/days-out/recreation-and-access-policy-advice-and-guidance/networks-and-partnerships/local-access-forums/?lang=en