Placement date: 1 November 2021 to 2 September 2022.
Payment: £104.04 per week.
You must have a driving licence.
Although accommodation is not provided we are happy to provide advice on the local area and local letting companies.
What will I gain from the placement?
- An understanding of how nature reserves and Sites of Special Scientific Interest are managed.
- A knowledge of different habitats and associated species.
- Survey public footpaths with some follow up work.
- Opportunities to practice and develop practical site management skills such as fencing, footpath maintenance, installation of infrastructure, woodland management.
- Reserve safety audits and follow up work.
- The opportunity to attend training courses.
- A chance to make contacts in the countryside sector.
What will I be involved in?
Planning, prioritising and carrying out practical management work on a number of different nature reserves throughout the county, some interpretation work, helping the public with their enquiries.
What do I do next?
Get in touch
Manager details for informal discussion regarding the post:
Closing date for applications: 25th June 2021
Online interview: 6th July 2021