The Emergency Duty Team is only able to deal with emergency situations that cannot wait until the next day.
You can contact them on: 0300 123 3079
When is help available?
- Monday to Friday: 5pm – 9am
- Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays: 9am – 9am
The EDT Coordinator will provide information or signpost individuals to other organisations that can offer support.
Who does the Emergency Duty Team help?
- Anybody who suspects a child is at immediate risk of being harmed or neglected.
- Anybody who has serious immediate concerns about the mental health of another person that may put the ill person or another person at risk.
- Children or young people looking for urgent and immediate advice.
- Families who are experiencing difficulties with their children.
- Young people aged 16 or over who are homeless.
This is not a complete list.
If you are unsure which NHS Service to contact there is advice available on the NHS Direct website. The link below will take you there.
I CAN Hubs are community spaces which offer people a chance to talk through their problems, be listened to without judgement, and access the services and support they need.
If you would like to talk though any mental health issues click on the link below for more information.
The telephone number for the North Wales GP out of hours service is: 0300 123 5566.
Information about you
Social Services has a policy on the use of personal information, which we have to follow.
We will need to ask you for information in order for us to help you. Usually, before we share information about your emergency with another service outside Social Services, we will ask your permission.
Compliments or complaints
We welcome any comments about our services - good or bad. We are interested to hear how we could do things better, and we like to know when we are doing well. The link below will take you to our Complaints and Compliments page.
Make a complaint, compliment or comment on our services.