Richard Rose is Director of Child Trauma Intervention Services Ltd, undertaking consultancy and training on Life Story Therapy and working with 'hard to reach' children and adolescents, and develops academic training programmes in the UK and internationally. Author: The Child’s Own Story—Life Story Work with Traumatised Children (2004); Life Story Therapy (2012) and Innovative Therapeutic Life Story Work (2017).
Course aims and objectives:
- Explore the rationale and expectations of the National Adoption Service for the Life Journey Work Project
- Examine the Life Journey Work framework & North Wales Regional framework
- Gathering and collating information
- The importance of identity and meaning
- Listening and interpretive skills
- The significance of ‘magical thinking’
- Working with the ‘stuck’ child
- Techniques for producing the Life Story book
- Explore own role in collecting and contributing to life journey work
- Think about how information can be shared and stored sensitively
Karen Bamford – Independent Safeguarding & Reviewing Officer – Conwy SC&E
- Conwy Life Journey Work Policy and recording requirements
For further information, or if you have booked a place on the course and have not received notification to attend please contact the Workforce Development & Learning Administrative Team. Please do not turn up to any course unless you have received notification of your place as the event may be fully booked.