|Date ||Time ||Venue ||Trainer ||Target group |
|26th October 2023
||9.30am – 4.30pm
||Targeted Services – All Sectors
Target Group - Practitioners, Case Holders working with Children & Young People, Foster Carers who have completed Building Resilience in Children & Young People Half Day Session within the past 2 years
Course aims and objectives:
- Understand how cumulative adverse childhood experiences change a child’s nervous system and makes them more vulnerable to stress.
- Consider ways in which these early life experiences can change the way a young person views themselves, other people and the world around them.
- Revisit the Domains of Resilience Model
- Have all the elements to carry out a resilience building intervention tailored to the individual to include:
- Tools to help children learn to identify, regulate and express emotions
- Helping children with a rigid mindset to develop more flexible ways of thinking
- Exploring ways of encouraging a future focus with young people.
- Encouraging children to be able to access and ask for help and support
For further information, or if you have booked a place on the course and have not received notification to attend please contact the Workforce Development & Learning Administrative Team. Please do not turn up to any course unless you have received notification of your place as the event may be fully booked.