Council Leader Appoints Cabinet
Councillor Sam Rowlands was elected Leader of Conwy County Borough Council on 3 June 2019.
He has today appointed the following councillors to his Cabinet:
- Cllr Julie Fallon – Education
- Cllr Cheryl Carlisle - Children and Family Social Care
- Cllr Charlie McCoubrey - Housing and Regulatory
- Cllr Louise Emery - Adult and Community Social Care
- Cllr Goronwy Edwards - Economic Development (Deputy Leader)
- Cllr Greg Robbins - Environment and Transportation
- Cllr Mark Baker - Heritage and Culture
- Cllr Chris Cater - Governance and Performance
- Cllr Emma Leighton-Jones - Modernisation
Cllr Rowlands said: “This is a good Council - we have an array of elected members with a range of talents and skills and a dedicated team of officers.
“This new Cabinet is a coalition of Conservative and Independent Members. In selecting my Cabinet I’ve been very aware that we’ll need to pick up our pace, work even harder, and be very brave in our decision-making over the coming months.”
He added: “I intend to ensure this Council delivers what it says it wants to do, and make sure our residents and their needs are at the forefront of what we deliver.”
Posted on 06/06/2019