The Authority makes arrangements for the provision of items of school clothing for Secondary School pupils of compulsory school age as follows:
Grants for school uniform for years 7-11 shall be made only in respect of pupils whose parents/guardians reside within the County Borough of Conwy or for children who are the responsibility of the Authority.
N.B. For year 7 pupils who move to a secondary school maintained by a different Authority i.e. a secondary school outside the County Borough of Conwy, parents will need to make application to the maintaining authority for the secondary school in question (this only applies at year 7).
School Uniform Grants will only be provided for pupils whose parents/guardians receive:
- Income Support*
- Income-Based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Child Tax Credit provided that you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income, as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs that does not exceed £16,190.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- State Pension Credit Guarantee Element Employment
- Support Allowance Income Related
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit Universal Credit
- Universal Credit
(*Pupils who receive Income Support, Income Based Jobseekers Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance Income Related in their own right are also eligible)
Since 01/09/2005 the Welsh Assembly Government provides a grant for pupils entering year 7 of their education at Maintained Secondary / Special Schools. The current assistance available to qualifying parents is £105.00 at year 7 (Welsh Government Grant) and £28 for years 8-11 (LEA Grant).
Uniform Grants will be paid by BACS transfer to your bank account or by cheque payment and they may be payable in respect of more than one child.
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please complete the form and return to:
Conwy County Borough Council
Revenue and Benefits Assessment Services
If you require a paper form, or any help in completing the form; or have any other questions, you can contact a member of the team or visit one of our offices with the Conwy County.
Education Benefits Information for Parents and Guardians