This leaflet describes three scenic walks from the town of Llandudno to the summit. The trails are clearly waymarked with the Summit Trail logo disc. All the trails take in wonderful views over the town to the mountains and across to the Menai Strait and Anglesey.
What Kind of Walk is it?
- Time and Distance: Haulfre Gardens Trail: 1 mile. Allow about 1 hour. Happy Valley Trail: 1½ miles long. Allow about 1½ hours. Zig Zag Trail: 1 mile. Allow about 1 ½ hours.
- Paths: Grassy paths, tracks and roads. The paths are very steep in places, so good walking shoes and boots are recommended.
- Dogs: Dogs should be kept under control, preferably on a lead; sheep and goats graze freely on the headland.
- Map: Explorer OL17.
- Refreshments: Available in Llandudno and at the Summit Complex, which is open daily from Easter until the end of November, weekends only out of season. All times and distances are approximate.
- When walking along roads, walk on the right hand side in a single file This beautiful headland can be very exposed, and weather conditions near the summit can be very different from those at sea level.
- Suitable footwear and clothing are essential for walking throughout the year.
How Do I Get There?
- By train: There is a stop at Llandudno. Phone: 0845 7484950.
- By bus: Phone: Traveline Cymru 0871 200 22 33. www.travelinecymru.info
- By car: Follow the A55/A470 to Llandudno.
- By tram: The Great Orme Victorian Tramway runs daily between end of March and the end of October.
Please see below for a PDF copy of this walk route / leaflet. A number of publications are available to purchase. Please visit our Countryside Publications page for more information.
Great Orme summit trails