A gentle circular walk from Tal-y-Cafn along the Conwy river taking in St. Mary's church, Kanovium Roman fort and the villages of Pontwgan and Tyn-y Groes. Stunning views of Snowdonia and the Conwy Valley.
What Kind of Walk is it?
- Terrain: Easy to walk, some gentle gradients.
- Distance: Approx 3 miles. 4 ½ with extended route.
- Time: Two hours (three including the extended route).
- Paths: Field paths, tracks and B roads. 11 stiles, 2 gates. Including extended route 12 stiles, 7 gates.
- Dogs: Dogs should be kept under close control.
- Start and finish grid reference: SH 788717. Tal-y-Cafn Map: Explorer OL17.
- When walking along roads, walk on the right hand side in a single file
- Suitable footwear and clothing are essential for walking throughout the year
How Do I Get There?
- By train: There is a request stop at Tal-y-Cafn on the Conwy Valley line. Phone: 0845 7484950. www.nationalrail.co.uk
- By bus: Phone: Traveline Cymru 0871 200 22 33. www.travelinecymru.info
- By car: Follow the A470 to Tal-y-Cafn, turn onto the B5279 for parking.