Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
We are aware that the following third party systems do not comply fully with accessibility and usability standards as they are outside of our control:
- Online forms
- Geographical Information (Maps) system (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Apply for job vacancies (itrent)
- Payments system
- Library catalogue system
- Planning portal
- Committee minutes and agendas
- Online maps
- Council Tax portal system
We are currently reviewing our third party applications and working with suppliers to improve the accessibility of these systems.
Adobe PDFs and Word documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents published after 23 September 2018 do not meet accessibility standards - for example, they may not be structured so they're accessible to a screen reader.
We aim to replace PDF and Word documents on our website with accessible HTML pages where possible.
When considering whether we can provide the information in an accessible format, we will assess:
- how much the work would cost and the impact that carrying out the work would have on us
- how much users with a disability would benefit from us carrying out the work