Free School Meals will only be provided for pupils attending Conwy County Borough Council schools whose parents/guardians receive one of the following support payments:
- Income Support*
- Income-Based Jobseeker's Allowance*
- Child Tax Credit provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income, as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs that does not exceed £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- State Pension Credit Guarantee Element
- Employment Support Allowance Income Related*
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit Universal Credit
- Universal Credit
(*Pupils who receive Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or Employment Support Allowance Income Related in their own right are also eligible)
If you are in receipt of Universal Credit and have an existing award for a free school meal entitlement at the end of March, 2019 you could remain entitled until 2023 even if your circumstances change.
The Welsh Government will be revising the Universal Credit eligibility criteria in April 2019 and introducing an annualised net earnings limit from employment of £7400 or less for new claims. Again once in receipt of a free school meal entitlement from April, 2019 you could remain entitled until 2023 even if your circumstances change.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please complete the Free school meals application form (PDF, 471Kb) and send it to:
Revenue and Benefits Assessment Services
PO Box 1
If you require a paper form, or any help in completing the form; or have any other questions, you can contact a member of the team or visit one of our offices with the Conwy County.