Free School Meals are for pupils attending Conwy County Borough Council schools whose parents/guardians receive one of the following:
- Income Support*
- Income-Based Jobseeker's Allowance*
- Child Tax Credit provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income, as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs that does not exceed £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- State Pension Credit Guarantee Element
- Employment Support Allowance Income Related*
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with annual net earnings of no more than £7400 (April, 2019).
(*Pupils who receive Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment Support Allowance Income Related or Universal Credit with annual net earnings limit of £7400 in their own right are also eligible)
If you currently receive a free school for one of your children from being in receipt of Universal Credit, Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance Income Based, Employment Support Allowance Income Related, Guaranteed Pension Credit, you will continue to receive entitlement for that child until December, 2023, even if your circumstances change. You will however need to inform us if your child leaves or changes school before this date.
Free School Meals in Wales Information for Parents and Guardians
Free School Meals in Wales Information for Schools
How to apply
Revenue and Benefits Assessment Services
PO Box 1
If you require a paper form, or any help in completing the form; or have any other questions, you can contact the Benefit Team on telephone number 01492 576491.