Free School Meals
Reception - Year 6
Learners from Reception - Year 6 in Primary School Education from 1 September 2023 are provided with a free school meal.
Free school meals Free school meals are offered to learners in Primary School Education from 1 September 2023 as part of the Welsh Government roll out of the Universal Primary School Free School Meal.
Free School Meal Holiday Allowance Payments
The Welsh Government extension to the Free School Meal holiday provision funding has ended. The payment made for the Whitsun Holiday on Thursday 25 May 2023 was the last payment that will be made. There will be no further payments including back dated claims for holiday periods before 31 May 2023.
Help and advice for the rising cost of living (Conwy Council)
Get help with the cost of living (Welsh Government)
Advicelink Cymru - Here to help with the cost of living
Free School Meals are for pupils attending Conwy County Borough Council schools whose parents/guardians receive one of the following:
- Income Support*
- Income-Based Jobseeker's Allowance*
- Child Tax Credit provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income, as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs that does not exceed £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- State Pension Credit Guarantee Element
- Employment Support Allowance Income Related*
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with annual net earnings of no more than £7400.
(*Pupils who receive Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment Support Allowance Income Related or Universal Credit with annual net earnings limit of £7400 in their own right are also eligible)
If you currently receive a free school meal for one of your children from being in receipt of Universal Credit, Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance Income Based, Employment Support Allowance Income Related, Guaranteed Pension Credit, you will continue to receive entitlement for that child until December, 2023, even if your circumstances change. You will however need to inform us if your child leaves or changes school before this date.
If your child/children are already in receipt of Free School Meals there is no requirement to complete an application form each year, unless there has been a change in your circumstances.
How to apply
Revenue and Benefits Assessment Services,
PO Box 1,
If you require a paper form, or any help in completing the form; or have any other questions, you can contact the Benefit Team on telephone number 01492 576491.