There are a number of properties on which you do not have to pay Council Tax. They include properties that are:
- Unfurnished (exempt for up to 6 months)
- Unoccupied and owned by a charity (exempt for up to 6 months)
- Unoccupied and undergoing or in need of structural repair or major alterations (exempt for up to 12 months)
- Left empty by someone who has gone into prison, hospital or residential care home
- Unoccupied and are waiting for probate or letters of administration to be granted (and for up to 6 months after).
- Left empty by someone who has moved in order to provide or receive personal care.
- Left empty by students.
- Have been repossessed
- The responsibility of a bankrupt's trustee
- Empty because their occupation is forbidden by law
- Waiting to be occupied by a minister of religion
You can now apply online using the links provided. Alternatively the application forms for some of the above exempt classes are still available below in PDF format.
PO Box 1